General Rules for SenderID registration
- SenderID pre-registration is required for all Saudi Arabia operators.
- Please use https://a2p.ameex-mobile.com/cgi-bin/tpoa to check if a senderID is already registered or not.
To submit request, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including senderID, sample content, company name and website.
Please separate OTP or BULK sender into 2 separate sheets.
- Numeric sender is not allowed.
- Generic sender is not allowed (e.g Info,InfoSMS, .. all those senders which do not reflect brand/company name).
- National traffic is not allowed(local business/local bank/local government related), those should be routed via local providers.
- SenderID should not exceed 11 characters.
URL inside the SMS
- URL(hostname part) need to be whitelisted.
- The hostname should be related to the sender.
- Once the hostname is whitelisted, all URL using the same hostname will pass.
- Generic shorten url such as bit.ly is NOT allowed.
General Rules For ADV/BULK Traffic
- SenderID must include postfix “-AD” (Except interactive 2-way SMS)
- SenderID + postfix “-AD” should not exceed 11 characters.
- all ADV message must include Opt-out method for subscribers to unsubscribe and they should not receive further promotional message within 24 hours after Opt-out.
example: To stop receiving promotions via SMS, you may optout at xxxx.com/optout
- ADV/Promotional messages are only allowed between 8 am to 10 pm Saudi Arabia time zone (GMT +03:00).
A new bulk message regulation is announced by The Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC), and all Saudi operators are obliged to comply.